Occult Symbolism: Class of 3000 Cartoon Show

As far as being apart of the Hip-Hop public eye, rapper Andre 3000 keeps a very low-profile. Which is a very good thing considering all the witch hunts going on in the music industry lately. So it was good to hear that Mr. Benjamin's name had not been mentioned.
Or so I thought.

In 2006, Andre 3000 teamed up with Cartoon Network to release a children's cartoon called Class Of 3000. The show is a musical cartoon surrounding a music teacher (played by Andre) that teaches his students life lessons. Andre has even stated that the show was highly influenced by Schoolhouse Rock.

"I'm 32 but I still remember songs from Schoolhouse Rock. I wanted to make real music for the kids. Because on the radio, it's a lot of simplicity and a lot of digitally based music."

Andre has also mentioned that because of his age, he felt that his music may begin to become irrelevant so the show is a way to re-introduce his music to a younger fan base.

"The older I get, the more I question how long I can be relevant to a music that's pretty much youth-based....my subject matter, sometimes I don't feel like a 16 or 17 year old kid would want to listen to it....a lot of kids, they're 8, they're 9, so they don't know anything about Outkast."

Andre said that he wanted the cartoon to give children an early appreciation for music and encourage them to use instruments.  So, all in all, this cartoon seems pretty harmless right?

Yep,...harmless.

Open Your Mind,
Justify
You have read this article with the title Occult Symbolism: Class of 3000 Cartoon Show. You can bookmark this page URL http://truehiphopspot.blogspot.com/2010/06/occult-symbolism-class-of-3000-cartoon.html. Thanks!