1993-Baby Chill-Wake Up Call LP (unreleased)


I first saw this album (or at least a form of this album) reviewed in a Rap Pages magazine from 1993-94 (that is in my storage somewhere) and from memory it was listed as Baby Chill and The Secret Squirrels...the review intrigued me and I always wanted to hear it..I asked in all the record stores back in the days and some Friends in the US and UK and they had never heard of it...so a massive thanks goes out to my Man Matt Nyce that hooked me up with this album...

Wake Up Call came from the late, great Tony D not long before he sadly passed, Baby Chill left this earth sometime in the 90's but sadly there is no info about him or his passing...it's a dope album with classic breaks and dope samples produced by Tony-D (I am pretty sure he did all of the beats on this album...if anyone knows otherwise, please drop a comment.



New Jersey's Baby Chill was a member of Blaque Spurm who released the Spurmicidal Tendencies LP (repressed in 2008) and I think he was a part of The Funk Family as well, he also appeared on "Good Morning Vietnam" by the Central Jersey Allstars...there are a couple of jumps in a few tracks on this LP rip, but they are not that bad...I'm just really grateful to be able to hear this, as I am sure you will be :)

enjoy...



1-The Graveyard
2-Blak Sperm
3-Forecast Is Rain
4-I'm On Your Dick
5-Pass The Sugar Daddy
6-Teardrops
7-6 O'Clock Sunrise
8-Who's The Man
9-Ducks
10-I Pimped The Nun
11-Jersey To Jupiter
12-Peep The Pimps
13-Wake Up Call

My fave cut from the LP..."Ducks"...(I have always loved those Five Stairsteps drums)









and CRDS has it's own Facebook page now
You have read this article 1993 / Baby Chill / Golden Age Hip Hop / New Jersey / Tony D with the title 1993-Baby Chill-Wake Up Call LP (unreleased). You can bookmark this page URL http://truehiphopspot.blogspot.com/2010/04/1993-baby-chill-wake-up-call-lp.html. Thanks!